About the program
Environmental Fellowship Program (EFP) is an 8 month program designed for young professionals desiring to extend their knowledge on various environmental issues of Mongolia.
Applicant must be willing to extend his/her understanding on environmental and sustainable development issues and to take part in resolving these issues. Aside from this core criterion the applicant must meet the followings:
- College graduates no more than 26 years of age.
- Young professionals working in private, public and NGOs
- Committed to participate in 8 month program in Ulaanbaatar
- Contribute in resolving pressing environmental issues of the society
- Strengthen leadership skills
- Expand understanding on the pressing environmental issues of Mongolia
- Meet leading activists and professionals of the sector and expand network
- Learn to design and implement project
Seminars: Practical seminars will equip participants with cutting edge leadership skills
Lectures: Thematic lecture series given by prominent professionals working in environmental field will
Field trips: Field trips to strategically important sites will provide participants with the first hand experience of the pressing environmental and developmental issues and enhance their learning experience
Community development projects: Team based community development projects will enable participants to take on the pressing environmental issues and contribute their share in solving them.
The program will run for 8 months once a week from October through June in Ulaanbaatar. To maximize participants’ attendance the program sessions will run after business hours or weekends